KSRTC or Kerala state transport corporation is owned and functioned by transport department of Kerala. As ksrtc provides bus services all across Kerala, it is considered as one of the oldest public mode of communication run by a state.
Services of KSRTC started as “Travancore state transport department” was initiated by Travancore department on 20 September 1937. After KSRTC was formed, “E.G. Slater” was selected as the “Superintendent of KSRTC” who was previously working in “London passenger transport board as an “Assistant supervisor.”
History Of Kerala State Road Transport Corporation And Its Services:
Kerala state road transportation or ksrtc has proved to be a best mode of commuting to different areas as per requirement. KSRTC has proved its worth by giving excellent facilities and services.
- As it was formed in the year 1937 as Travancore state transport, ksrtc officially started functioning in the 1960 and is registered with 1950 corporation act of road transport.
- For providing transportation facilities to people of Kerala, three major regional corporation centers were opened. This was done with a motive of providing excellent transportation facility to natives of Kerala and even for those who are coming as tourists.
- KSRTC has proved its worth by providing excellent transportation facilities to people. It is the most reliable and comfortable mode of transportation which provides and guarantees a safe journey to people. As main motive of KSRTC was to provide excellent facilities to people, it has done so by keeping their words.
- As there are varieties of bus services provided by ksrtc, you can choose as per your need and requirement. Classic services, Volvo services, Sleeper coach services, and many more bus services are available with ksrtc for your use as per your budget.
- According to services provided by ksrtc, brand names have been allotted so that a person can know every facility of ksrtc in a better manner.
- With facility of ksrtc online ticket booking, you can reserve your bus seat as per your requirement.
- Fleet of bus owned by ksrtc is considered best and is equipped with latest and modern day facilities.
- Along with ticket booking, you can use ksrtc online booking for hiring a bus for any social event.
Procedure For KSRTC Online Booking
As KSRTC has offered ksrtc online booking to its passengers, it has become easy for an individual to book and cancel ticket online.
- If you are interested in ksrtc online ticket booking then you must register yourself with the official website of ksrtc in just a few steps.
- If a passenger has decided to use ksrtc online booking services, then they must provide a valid ID proof that they will be carrying during their journey.
- Once you are registered with ksrtc, you can select and choose your date and time of journey for booking your tickets to your destination.
- After you have checked availability of seats online, you can make your reservations accordingly. After you have made the payment through various payment modes, you will get a PNR number that you have to keep safe with you at time of journey.
- At time of purchasing ksrtc tickets from over the counter, you have to show your original ID proof.
Advantages Of KSRTC Online Ticket Booking
As there are various advantages of ksrtc online ticket booking, some of them are mentioned below:
- Avoid long Qs for booking ksrtc tickets.
- A person can book tickets from any place of this world.
- Along with booking facility, a person can even cancel their tickets.
Kerala State Road Transport Corporation Contact Details
If a person is having any sort of query regarding their travel, then customer care department of ksrtc will surely help a person.
Customer care is available through different contact details, which are mentioned below:
Contact Details Of KSRTC
Online Reservation: http://188.8.131.52:8080/KsrtcOnlineR/
Technical Assistance: 0471 - 2466743, 0471- 2471011 ext 250
Fax: 0471 – 2462679
Bengaluru: 094490 20305, 0802-2269508 [Majestic], 0802-6756666 [Satellite]
Mobile: 09447570203, 09846236020, 09387697244, 09846926267
General Query: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KSRTC Depots: http://www.keralartc.com/html/depots.html.
KSRTC Careers: http://www.keralartc.com/html/career.html.
|Road Transport Enquiry Numbers|
|KSRTC City Bus stand
|KSRTC Suburb Bus Stand